The Betts team is passionate about improving the way things move. Every team member plays a vital role in understanding our customers' problems and then crafting high-quality, durable solutions that literally keep things moving.
Chief Executive Officer
Mike Betts became Betts Company’s sixth president in 1995. He has held numerous positions in sales, marketing, innovation and leadership with the company for more than 37 years. In his current role as CEO of Betts Company, he continues to provide guidance and support to Betts Company’s leadership team. In addition, he focuses on activities which favorably impact industries, markets and communities important to Betts Company.
- Free Time: You can find him playing golf, reading, hiking and traveling.
- Best Moment: When he said "I do" at the altar to his wife.
- Quote: "Take the high road and do the right thing."
Bill Betts is the seventh president of Betts Company. Bill’s appointment reflects the special accomplishment of sustaining and growing a family business for one hundred and fifty years. Bill joined the company in June, 2007 after working in the private sector in international risk and business consulting.
Bill is charged with leading the strategic direction for the company's senior management team and oversees the development of operating plans aligned with the company's strategic direction.
- Free Time: Enjoys chasing his kids around the house and date nights with his wife (without the kids)
- Best Moment: His 4-year-old daughter asking him to marry her
- Quote: “If everything is important, then nothing is.” – Patrick Lencioni
Senior Vice President
Don manages the operations of the Betts Truck Parts & Service division which includes our eight service branches and procurement department. He has been at Betts for over thirty years serving at various capacities within the company.
- Free Time: He divides his time between playing golf and spending time with his grandchildren.
- Best Moment: When his children joined the company full-time.
- Quote: While being at Betts for over 30 years you can only imagine some of the stories I have heard and things I have seen. "You just can't make these things up."
Director of Human Resources
Laurie is a strategic partner responsible for developing, implementing and upholding policies, procedures, benefit and salary programs that meet the needs of our associates. Her additional responsibilities include recruiting, retention, training, safety and other human resource matters. She has over 20 years of Human Resource experience at manufacturing companies and loves to work for companies that "make things" we all use. Making our work environment enjoyable and safe for our associates is a passion of hers with over 11 years of experience as the first Director of Human Resources at Betts.
- Free Time: Enjoys NASCAR, classic vehicles, gardening, cooking, fishing, traveling, reading and living life.
- Best Moment: When she caught her first salmon weighing over 30 pounds.
- Quote: "Wherever time goes, there must be a lot of it there."
- Linked-In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/laurie-medina/9/579/848
Chief Technology Officer
Jonathan leads the identification, analysis and implementation of new technologies for Betts. He oversees the development and rollout of enterprise systems (ERP, MRP, etc.) and cloud deployment, in conjunction with process optimization methodologies, to first design and then achieve, optimal future states. Jonathan also develops go-to-market strategies in conjunction with divisional leadership. From market sizing to product development to the creation of marketing content, Jonathan applies proven frameworks to validate and structure market opportunities.
- Free Time: Virtually any outdoor activity with my family, college football, volunteering.
- Best Moment: Birth of my children.
- Quote: "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" -Winston Churchill
Chief Financial Officer
Dan started with Betts Company in 2016 as the company’s Controller. Dan is charged with leading the finance department and directing the Company’s accounting policy and reporting.
- Free Time: Spending time with family and playing basketball.
- Best Moment: My kids smile when they see me.
- Quote: “Every day you wake up is a good day.”
Vice President, Sales
Ed leads the strategic direction of the sales team for BettsHD. Ed has over 15 years of experience in sales and marketing with highly regarded heavy duty manufacturing companies. His proven track record in aftermarket parts sales, marketing, and distribution leadership helps grow our business and improve the way things move.
- Free Time: Spending time with his son Aidan and enjoying the north woods of Wisconsin.
- Best Moment: The birth of his son.
- Quote: "Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy." Mike Ditka
Randy started at Betts Company in 2014. He brings over 20 years of digital and strategic marketing experience to the position. As marketing manager, Randy collaborates with teams across Betts Company and its three divisions to connect customers with Betts history, culture and products.
- Free Time: Family time, international travel & photography, and teaching martial arts.
- Best Moment: When each of my two sons were born.
- Quote: “Optimists are happier in life for a reason.” – Brendon Burchard
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/randygeorge